The Difference Between Student Council and Student Senate

Brittany Calderon, Staff Writer

The majority of our school community does not fully understand the difference between the Student Senate and Student Council. While there are some overlaps between the two clubs, their driving purposes are different.

The Student Senate is about effecting change and acts as a voice for the student body. For example, if students felt the need for more water bottle filling stations in our school, the Student Senate contacts the appropriate people and strives to come to some resolution. The Student Senate is run by students who feel the need to do more in our community. The club is run by Ms. Bulger and meets on Wednesdays in room 131. Keep up with the club through their Twitter page @RevereSenate.

The Student Council varies from the Student Senate as it is more concentrated on school spirit and developing connections between the students. Additionally, they organize fundraisers in order to raise money to put towards fun events and activities; especially during senior year for prom and the Spirit of Boston. This year, the student council for CO ’19 is hosting a carwash and “all [supplies] but the elbow grease,” will be provided, their advisor, Ms. Mirasolo, says. Student council’s ideal vision is to make every student’s high school career memorable. The Student Council is run by Ms.Mirasolo in room 105 – stop by and get involved!